When pursuing Account-Based Marketing, pushing general content to your highest priority accounts just isn’t feasible. Instead of just talking about your company, you need to start listening to what your prospects and customers need. Evolve yourself from ‘how to sell?’ and focus on ‘how to serve?’
Hyper-personalized content requires considerable resources and in-depth research which is time-consuming and quite expensive. But customers from the Marketo nation need not worry.
Marketo, Inc., the leading provider of engagement marketing software and solutions, and Bombora, the leading provider of B2B intent data, announced their partnership on July 23rd, 2018. This integration is big news for Marketo customers as it means that Bombora’s Company Surge™ intent data is being made available to them.
The Chief Executive Officer of Bombora, Erik Matlick said, “We find that only 15-20% of any lists of companies are actually in research mode to purchase. Understanding which specific companies are in that 15-20%, and the actual solutions they are researching, is essential to any B2B marketer.”
“As a marketer, the best buyers to engage with are the ones that are already actively researching,” said T.K. Kader, senior vice president of strategy and alliances at Marketo, in a statement.
Being the leading Engagement Platform, Marketo, Inc., empowers marketers to create lasting relationships and grow revenue.
“Providing intent data from Bombora to our customers creates an opportunity for them to engage with buyers who have a high propensity to buy, ultimately delivering better pipeline to sales and increasing the velocity of the sales process.”
To add to the benefits of intent data, Marketo along with Bombora to propose better practices and campaign set up, so the value of this integration can be immediately experienced by their customers. Marketo customers will be able to:
- Identify which accounts inside Marketo are actively shopping across the web.
- Prioritize target accounts based on which account has a higher chance of purchasing.
- Build lead scoring workflows to route high-intent prospects directly to sales for immediate outreach.
- Optimize paid media budgets by re-targeting accounts that are expressing interest.
- Sync intent data with Salesforce or Microsoft Dynamics via Marketo to show sales reps if their accounts are currently researching certain topics.
- Hyper-personalize both inbound and account-based marketing engagement based on topics that accounts are expressing intent with.
- Optimize nurture programs to focus on accounts that are currently in buying cycles.
- Identify intent across dormant accounts to see who has re-entered an active buying cycle.
- Align marketing and sales to focus on the right accounts at the right time.
In order to focus their resources on the accounts that are signaling their intent, by getting into research mode, the Couchbase Data Platform uses the new integration of Bombora intent data inside of the Marketo platform.
“The integration helps us prioritize our target accounts inside Marketo, based on which accounts are most likely to buy from us,” said Kari Hodgson, director of marketing, Couchbase. “It’s very convenient. We segment audiences using the surge scores and topics, and then deploy account-based campaigns with content, based on the topics that each account surged on.”
According to CEO Erik Matlick, marketers can gain a significant improvement in performance and account prioritization when intent data is added to account-based marketing campaigns or target lists.