Your privacy is very important to us and we have the highest respect for the confidentiality of your personal information. The information we receive depends on what you do while visiting our site. We will not obtain personally identifying information about you unless you choose to provide it. If you are browsing our site anonymously, we will automatically collect some non-identifying statistical information to help us measure which pages of our website are visited and how long visitors use the site. This information includes data such as your IP address, the time and date, pages entered and time spent on individual pages. Your IP address is not linked to anything personally identifiable.
If you request information from us or wish to access certain features of the site, you will be asked to provide personally identifying information so that we can respond effectively to your requests and needs. We will never share your information with anyone who isn’t directly providing service and support on behalf of Valasys. If you provide us with identifiable information, we may attempt to contact you occasionally to determine if our service meets your expectations, offer additional assistance or notify you about special promotions.
Most clients tell us they appreciate receiving our news and promotions; however, we believe it’s very important for you to be able to choose whether you receive periodic mailings and information from us. You can choose to opt out at any time by simply replying to a mailing to inform us of your preference. All of our mailings will clearly explain how you can easily opt out and stop receiving information from us.
To help protect your confidentiality, Valasys employs security safeguards; however, we can’t eliminate all security risks. For instance, Valasys’s website may contain links to other websites. We have no responsibility or control over linked websites and their privacy policies or the way they collect and control your personal information. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of any website before providing personally identifying information.
Valasys maintains adequate data security measures to protect information against unauthorized access and disclosure. These measures include the implementation of commercially reasonable technical, physical and administrative data security safeguards. Valasys requires employees to complete appropriate training on data management and security practices. Valasys also manages a service provider due diligence and oversight program to ensure that our vendors likewise employ adequate data collection, processing, transfer, management and security measures in carrying out their services on our behalf.
There is no such thing as “guaranteed security”, whether conducting business online or offline. Having established this fact, Valasys employs commercially reasonable and appropriate data security safeguards that are consistent with our business operations and generally accepted industry standards.
Data security is our priority and we commit ourselves to safeguarding our customers’ data. We do this by :
- Establishing policies and procedures for securely managing information.
- Limiting employee access to sensitive information.
- Protecting against unauthorized access to customer data by using data encryption, authentication, and virus detection technology, as required.
- Requiring service providers with whom we do business to comply with relevant Data Privacy legal and regulatory requirements.
- Monitoring our websites through recognized online privacy and security organizations.
- Conducting background checks on employees and providing Data Privacy training to our team members.
- Continually assessing our Data Privacy, information management, and data security practices.
OUR COMMITMENT TO PRIVACY
All right, title and interest (including all copyrights, trademarks and other intellectual property rights) in this Web Site belong to us. In addition, the names, images and other indicia identifying our products and services are our proprietary marks. All copyrights, trademarks and other intellectual property rights referred to in this Web Site belong to their respective owners.
Your confidential use of this site cannot be guaranteed by us. We shall not be responsible for any harm that you or any person may suffer as a result of a breach of confidentiality in respect to your use of this site.
GOVERNING LAWS IN CASE OF DISPUTE
You agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the use of this Web Site.
Valasys reserves the right to access and disclose individually identifiable information to comply with applicable laws and lawful government requests, to operate its systems properly or to protect itself or its users. As mentioned above, we reserve the right to share aggregated “site usage” information with third parties.
- The Customer hereby warrants that the terms of the Order supplied by the Company and any Additional Terms are accurate. The Company accepts no responsibility for any errors, omissions or other defects in the Order or Additional Terms.
- Additional Charges shall be payable in respect of any Additional Terms.
- In the event that the Company provides goods or carries out any services for which Charges are not agreed in advance, the Company may charge the *Standard Rates
- No Order may be cancelled after the Company has delivered the Licensed Data or any part of thereof to the Customer.
- If the Customer wishes to cancel an Order, it must send written notice of cancellation by post or fax to the Company (at the address or number given on the Website) before the Licensed Data has been delivered and there shall be a cancellation charge of 75% of the Charges to the Company payable within 7 days of the written notice of cancellation.
- The Customer shall pay the Charges and any other sums payable to the Company under this Agreement in accordance with these Terms.
- The Charges are exclusive of Value Added Tax and governmental or other charges, which shall be added to such payments if applicable and shall be included and itemised separately on invoices, where appropriate.
- All Charges or any part thereof and any other sum payable to the Company in terms of this Agreement shall be made free from any deduction, withholding or set-off.
- Payment of all Charges shall be due within 7 days of the date of invoice or on the dates set out in the Order.
- Time of payment shall be a material condition of the Agreement and unless otherwise agreed in writing between the Company and the Customer, interest at the rate of four per cent per annum above the base rate for the time being of the Bank of Scotland will be payable by the Customer on all sums remaining unpaid after the due date for payment as provided for in this Agreement.
- The Customer hereby undertakes to and indemnifies the Company against all costs, charges, expenses and other sums expended, paid, incurred in relation to the recovery of any Charges or part thereof or interest thereon or any other sums payable under this Agreement by the Customer.
- Where the Customer is an incorporated body, the directors or members of the Customer shall be jointly and severally liable for any sums payable to the Company in terms of this Agreement.
- Payments made to the company by credit card will be subject to an additional charge of 2.5% of the total invoice value.
- If Licensed Data has been supplied from the Company’s own in-house database and not from a third party or brokered database bought in especially for the Customer, then, the Company will provide replacement data under the following circumstances:
- where more than 2% of postal addresses in the Licensed Data can be shown to be inaccurate; or where more than 2% of telephone numbers in the Licensed Data can be shown to be inaccurate; or where more than 5% of the email addresses within the Licensed Data generate Hard Bounces; and for the avoidance of doubt, where the Company provides extra data among the Licensed Data free of charge, such data shall not be subject to the replacement obligations.
- Where Licensed Data has been purchased or brokered from a third party on behalf of the Customer, replacement data can only be sought, when more than a 10% of mailing addresses can be shown to be inaccurate or where over 10% of telephone numbers can be illustrated as non-contactable. However replacement data will be at the discretion of the third party supplier and the Company shall not be held accountable if no replacement data is made available.
- A claim for replacement data from a Customer must be made in writing and the Customer must:
- Demonstrate that they have tried to contact a minimum of 20% or 500 (whichever is the greater) of the recipients in the Licensed Data in question within a period of 30 days from delivery of the Licensed Data; and provide a full report detailing the accuracy or inaccuracy of each individual record in the Licensed Data and in relation to email addresses, identify whether any bounces were Hard Bounces or Soft Bounces in report format from a verified email broadcasting tool.
- On receipt of the reports in terms of Clause 6.3, the Company shall have 10 working days to investigate any inaccuracies and if they are satisfied that they are above the levels set out in Clause 6.1 then replacement data for the appropriate number of inaccurate record will be supplied as soon as reasonably practicable or where the Licence Data is being delivered in batches to the Customer, along with the last batch of Licensed Data.
- All email databases shall contain no more than 30% generic emails unless personal emails only are requested. If the supplied data contains more than 30% generic emails then the customer (unless otherwise agreed prior to signing the order form) will be entitled to have these replaced to ensure that the supplied data falls within the 30% generic split.
The content, graphics and other elements of this website are protected under copyright and trademark laws and may not be reproduced in whole or in part without the express written consent of Valasys.