If you are an online store owner, you will want an app. Rephrasing it, you will NEED an app! Now you are wondering, you cannot build an app. Well, you can. Introducing Tapcart , an app builder tool that removes your dependency on a developer and does not require any prior knowledge of coding. Yes, you have heard it right. Build an app compatible with iOS and Android with no coding experience.
With online stores on the rise, businesses and enterprises of all magnitudes are looking to capitalize on this booming model. Shopify is easily the most recommended e-commerce platform where ventures can build online stores and sell their products. Gone are those days when websites were all that businesses needed to get started. With the recent upsurge in mobile apps, websites are becoming obsolete for sales conversions.
This becomes even more evident when you factor in the stats that smartphone users are spending 7x times in native apps than browsers. Coupled with the fact that users register 4.2 times more views for products per session within the native apps as compared to mobile sites, businesses are trying to reinvent customer engagement via mobile apps throughout the sales process.
And with mobile apps ensuring 3 times higher conversion rate than websites along with 1.5 times more conversions per session, the websites are condemned to fail. But is not building an app too technical and complicated?
Enter Tapcart! An app-builder platform that converts the Shopify store into a mobile app with seamless ease. Building an app on Tapcart does not require coding background and hence, makes the app-building process effortless.
But how did websites fall out of favor in the sales process?
Back in 1993, the world was introduced to Web 1.0. A static HTML version of the world wide web that dominated the early 90s but was restricted to a one-way communication channel where an enterprise could only display information without any provisions for customers to interact.
A decade later, in 2004, the world saw the release of Web 2.0, commonly known as the Social Web, allowing the end-users to interact with the websites. This led to the introduction of the dynamic web and paved the way for the dawn of social media as we know it today.
Fast forward yet another decade, by 2014, with the popularization of a decentralized online ecosystem based on blockchain, Web 3.0 came into the frame, and by 2021, it gained immense popularity. The features that made Web 3.0 popular among users are its interoperability and enhanced possibilities of digital interaction: two major driving factors for a higher sales conversion ratio.
With each version, the subtle changes meant restructuring the existing sales methodology. And with the inception of Web 3.0, customer engagement became integral. And this was the critical juncture at which Apps superseded Websites.
Complications begin to creep in for a website-based model. Issues like lack of credibility, poor design, slow loading time, and a barrage of unwanted content plagued the end-users on websites. Eventually, they would abandon the cart full of products/services, and the sales pipeline would fall short. All these resulted in low organic engagement, and brands immediately realized they needed a more personalized approach to interacting with potential buyers.
This marked the dawn of the Age of Apps to help solve problems websites posed. And Tapcart, undoubtedly, is the magnum opus of this new era.
What is Tapcart?
A tool designed to launch native mobile apps on Shopify, Tapcart lets you build apps without any coding knowledge. Tapcart enables businesses to build, design, and launch custom apps with a few clicks. Via Tapcart, businesses can render an enhanced mobile shopping experience with improved customer engagement. Tapcart provides a plethora of integrations, all curated to drive a higher conversion ratio without the need to retool your stack. The main objective of Tapcart is to make mobile shopping immersive, engaging, and approachable for every e-commerce brand.
Founded in 2017, Tapcart has registered VC-backed funding of $65 million with over $3 billion-plus sales via apps to date. With online shopping trends evolving every second, Tapcart aims to reinvent the entire experience. Because not all agencies, companies, and enterprises have the resources and time to build apps, Tapcart intends to make life easier for all of those who want to leverage online shopping on a whole new different level.
The brainchild of industry experts, Eric Netsch and Sina Mobasser, they introduced Tapcart to revolutionize mobile commerce with a simple intention: Make mobile apps accessible to the masses and build a platform that helps brands to design, launch and manage apps with no coding or complicated development works.
Tapcart has brought forth a flurry of websites backed with personalized apps that have turned the e-commerce landscape on its head making it easier for merchants to build and deploy mobile apps in hours. Led by Left Lane Capital, Tapcart has announced a staggering $50 million round of Series B funding. By leveraging Shopify’s APIs and SDKs to build native applications compatible with Shopify’s existing data structures, Tapcart is revolutionizing mobile e-commerce, one brand at a time.
Apart from app creation, Tapcart also helps businesses to automate their marketing process. From enabling businesses to communicating in real-time with their customers to schedule upcoming launches, Tapcart comes with a myriad of features. Tapcart has been profoundly used by mid-market enterprises to double down on sales conversion, retention, engagement, and optimizing mobile workflows.
What makes Tapcart so desirable for businesses is its endless features and attributes. All these features are designed to Engage, Convert, and Retain. Most of the funnels break apart at the consideration stage. Tapcart via its Push Notifications constantly engages with potential prospects until they convert. And with unparalleled customer support, Tapcart ensures they retain customers by adding value to their purchases with relevant information and personalized updates.
Here are some of the signature features that Tapcart supports:
- Easy to build apps with no prior experience in coding.
- Simple drag & drop features to design a customized app. Design your app to match your e-commerce store and customize your product detail page as per your specification.
- Numerous pre-built templates to choose from.
- Easy and seamless deployment management.
- Unlimited push notifications for instant interaction and constant engagement with the customers. Send alerts in real-time to your customer with a branded message to drive instant traffic and surge revenue within minutes of deployment. You can also run promotions or generate new sales via the power of push.
- Hassle-free one-click checkout for a seamless shopping experience. Built to convert, apps designed on Tapcart come with prefilled shipping info, multiple payment providers, and a single-page checkout, making it easy for customers to finalize their purchases.
- Design customized QR codes to promote more app installations. By creating a custom-branded QR Code widget, you can build an omnichannel experience for your customers and ramp up your marketing approaches. Tapcart comes with Capture Kit for a one-click experience.
- Recover the abandoned carts via push notifications to guide back your users to their purchases so that you never miss sales.
- Marketing automation capabilities. Now put your marketing campaigns on autopilot with the Tapcart Drop feature. Schedule your launch ahead of time and drop your product, a new collection, or a new promotion to save time and effort.
- Make search intuitive for your customers. Optimize the search for faster, tailored, and more relevant results for your customers. Add functionalities like filters, sorting, and recommendations to personalize search results for your customers. All of these can help in driving up your sales.
- Reward your customers for purchases with complimentary gifts. Increase your average order value (AOV) and checkout conversion rates by encouraging your customers to make more purchases by giving them the option to unlock free presents whenever their cart value reaches a certain level.
- Add product reviews to help your customers make informed decisions. Add credibility and authenticity to your products by enabling the customers to share their reviews which can serve as a defining feature between an incomplete purchase and a completed sale.
- Allow customers to create and build accounts and profiles for smooth checkout. Customers can save their information, track their purchases online, review their order history, and more.
- With Tapcart, as you build an app, you do not need to sacrifice your brand. Attach blogs, videos, and other media, directly in the app to engage shoppers on their mobiles.
Why choose Tapcart over others?
Tapcart is easily one of the best tools to build apps from the scratch for your Shopify store. Unlike other alternatives, this no-code app builder is cheap, supports both iOS and Android, and most importantly, is less time-consuming. You can build your app on Tapcart by simply converting the features that are already getting a lot of traction on the website. Tapcart with its custom templates gives you the options for engaging UI/UX and hence improves overall customer engagement.
But what stands out for Tapcart is its customer support team who are available at every step of the process from ideation to deployment. Tapcart also enables you to import all your stored data on Shopify for inventory management and real-time pricing.
Tapcart provides unique and detailed insight through which you can track sales through the app and measure metrics like sales volume, product conversion rates, average order value, rate of return customers, and more. Furthermore, Tapcart enables online store owners to integrate social media channels for omnichannel marketing. All from a single platform.
And while there are many other alternatives in the market, Tapcart is a one-stop solution to manage your online store.
Who can use Tapcart?
Designed especially for merchants on Shopify, Tapcart is ideal for online store owners who are looking to drive more sales through mobile apps but either do not have the adequate coding knowledge to build an app or the time to invest in creating custom brand apps. If your business is in the initial phase without an established customer base, Tapcart is not the best tool as it does not create an audience base from the scratch. Tapcart is ideal for your existing customers, enhancing customer experience, building loyalty, and improving retention. Tapcart is perfect to create exclusive content to make your app more engaging with immersive UI/UX.
Keeping these features and pointers in mind, Tapcart can be leveraged successfully for the following sales channels:
- Fashion Industry: Fashion brands with a large customer base and equally large product lines can benefit from Tapcart for interactive catalogs and easy purchase flow.
- Consumable Industry: Ideal for multiple recurring purchases.
- Subscription Services: Apt for assorted products that are to be shipped each month.
- Community-focused Brands: Tapcart is best suited to brands that rely on content marketing to tell their story.
Having said that, Tapcart can be used by businesses of all magnitudes but is ideal for brands that have a loyal audience base and are frequent in making purchases with them.
How does Tapcart work?
You can set up Tapcart within hours. Although, it might require more time for custom solutions. But most importantly, you want to set up Tapcart for marketing campaigns around the app like app-wide sales, app exclusives, email campaigns, and acquisition campaigns. These might require additional time but then this is what will drive more sales in the end. Also, it is worth mentioning, the apps you design require a few days for approval from Android or iOS. However, Tapcart makes it extremely easy to implement these features. Launching the app is only the first step. You need to market and get adaptation on these. Study consumer behavior to get the most out of your apps.
Follow these simple steps to get started with Tapcart today:
- Log in to the Tapcart account.
- Go to App Design.
- Start from a blank layout or current layout. Or you can simply choose from an existing template.
- Preview your modifications simultaneously as you design.
- Add custom multimedia as per choice.
- Edit titles, add pages, and change theme, color, and font as per your brand specifications.
- Add a navigation panel and other features. Plug it into your Shopify account.
- Preview and launch.
- Your app is up and running.
- Apart from App Design, you can also add a product description page and collections page.
- Customize your notification messages.
- After launch, track your app insights.
- Add automation and make it immersive.
Note: All these functionalities come with a simple drag & drop function.
Tapcart come with a plethora of integrations that are easily installable and functional:
7. Fast Simon
14. Amazon Pay & Apple Pay at checkout
Stats at a Glance
Here are some of the highlights of Tapcart:
- $4.2+ billion generated from merchant sales for some of the fastest-growing brands on Shopify.
- 2.3x higher conversion rate
- 43x generated an average ROI
- 3x increase in retention rate
- 7.5x higher orders per session
- $65M VC-backed funding
- $3B+ Sales via apps
- $50M Series B funding raised
- $1.2B+ merchant sales flowed through Tapcart in the last 12 months.
Tapcart plans to focus on creating a set of tools for vertically integrating mobile commerce, which just added support for iOS App Clips, with the additional funding. It will also soon make an upgraded version of its insight analytics platform, along with scripts that retailers can embed in their mobile websites to track which features of each platform are most successful.
Tapcart also plans to provide a full marketing automation platform, allowing companies to further automate and tailor their communications. It also plans to make investments in market expansions to enhance the product’s design for mobile, global trading.
They will contain brand-new additions across time zones, including in places like Australia and Europe, as it strives for worldwide expansion. Numerous new opportunities in the areas of partnerships, engineering, business strategy, and product development will also be made possible by Shopify’s investment. It would also be advantageous to expose Tapcart to Shopify’s 1.7 million international merchants.
For all the latest marketing techs and innovations, follow this space.