On the 24th of February 2020, Dun & Bradstreet unveiled proprietary buyer intent, D&B Buyer Intent. The tool has been designed to increase the ROI of B2B marketing teams. The tool will equip early adopters to realize a 37% increase in email open rates & 20% improvement in the return on ad spend.
The company, Dun & Bradstreet is a leading global provider of business decision-making solutions & data analysis & interpretation platforms. The company announced the availability of D&B Buyer Intent to enable B2B marketing & sales teams to unveil early-stage buying signals from companies who are in the market to buy. Detecting the digital signals early on enables sales & marketing teams to increase timeliness, relevancy, and impact of their go-to-market strategy.
The marketing teams using the D&B buyer intent report having achieved compelling results, which includes a 37% increase in the email open rates. While using the D&B Buyer Intent for innate campaigns, Dun & Bradstreet witnessed a 22% increase in Click-Through-Rates (CTR) & a 20% increase in the return on ad spend alongside 13% increase in the conversion rates.
According to Michael Bird, President of Sales and Marketing Solutions at Dun & Bradstreet, the customers have evolved to more of a self-guided & digital buying journey & therefore, the sales & marketing teams need to be able to react quickly to the buying signals. This helps influence purchase & closes the sale.
Michael Bird further added that the basic intent signals only imply interest and doesn’t essentially imply the intent to buy. D&B Buyer Intent adopts a personalized, precise & intelligent approach to enable B2B companies to identify & approach their buyers in the market. This ultimately leads to increasing returns on the marketing spend.
D&B Buyer Intent thus is the most sophisticated way for B2B sales & marketing teams to discover their ideal prospects in the market. The platform uses natural Language Processing (NLP) for mapping billions of unique web engagements to Dun & Bradstreet Data Cloud.
D&B buyer intent is specifically important for marketers because of the following reasons:
- Rather than limiting the client searches using pre-defined topics, limited to technology categories, the tool offers custom models that are tailored to the most relevant phrases relevant to the business of each client
- Instead of domain-based targeting, the tool allows more precise targeting of buying locations & aggregation of family signals with the help of Dun & Bradstreet D-U-N-S ® Number
- There is a propriety buying score that identifies companies that are engaging with content related to buying, enabling different treatment strategies based on the type of content being engaged across the buyers’ journeys
The following examples show how companies benefit from the D&B Buyer Intent platform:
- Lead & Account Prioritization: By tracking the buying signals earlier in the buying cycles of the customers, the best-fit leads & accounts can be selected for executing hyper-personalized content
- Account-Based Advertising: In order to increase the return on ad spend & drive account engagement, the new & existing accounts can be used
- Omni-channel campaign activation: The in-market audiences can be engaged across all activation mediums including email, sales, programmatic advertising, social & TV for less wasted effort, increased response rates, & more wins.
- Account-based sales: The sales teams can be armed with buyers who are looking for solutions to save time & be more efficient with prospecting efforts
D&B Buyer Intent is the latest move by Dun & Bradstreet to create the most comprehensive view of accounts having Live Business Identity. The tool combines firmographic data, contact data, analytic Insights, digital identifiers, first-party intent & third-party intent.
The company recently acquired Orb Intelligence, which strengthened the digital data sources of the Data Cloud. In an announcement made earlier this month it was revealed that the Dun & Bradstreet Company is sourcing alternative data types to augment already robust data portfolio. Besides, the acquisition of lattice Engines in 2019 provided the artificial-intelligence (AI) – powered customer data platform. This makes it possible to connect first & third-party data to activate more effective account-based marketing strategies.
D&B Buyer Intent is currently available for users in the United States.
About Dun & Bradstreet
Dun & Bradstreet’s data & insights help improve your business performance. The data & insights delivered by the Dun & Bradstreet Data Cloud are amongst the most pioneer in the market. These help you accelerate revenue, manage risk & lower the cost of marketing preparation to transform your businesses. The company has been effectively helping global businesses around the world to scale their output with the help of data insights & analytics.
The company headquartered in Short Hills, NJ, specializes in finance, Credit & Risk, Marketing & Sales, Data Management & Analytics, Supply Management, Compliance, data, third-party risk, marketing, business performance, sales, master data, small business, enterprise, and fortune 500.
Follow Us on LinkedIn:
Follow Us on Facebook: