Out of all social media platforms, business owners are inclined towards LinkedIn for the growth of the professional network. LinkedIn proclaims to have 722+ million members in more than 200 countries around the globe. Further, as per a survey conducted by Kinsta, 79% of B2B marketers believe that social media is an effective marketing channel.
As a result, marketers are leveraging LinkedIn as more of a lead generation platform. And the outcome is splendid. Adding further to the report published by Kinsta, 43% of marketers say that they have gained at least one customer from the professional social media platform. And it is more in the case of B2B marketers. The B2B marketers report that 80% of their overall social media leads come from LinkedIn itself.
Considering the growing application of LinkedIn in the lead generation sector; new business features have also been added up to make it more business-friendly. These features enable LinkedIn to identify Boolean operators and filter results as per various metrics such as demography, sector, company, and seniority level. This, in turn, assists marketers to make required business connections and meet prospective leads.
The recent addition from Microsoft on LinkedIn- Showcase pages. The page is designed to highlight the initiative of a particular business vertical. Similarly, Calendar chatbot syncs the calendars of two LinkedIn users. This is designed specifically for people working in different time zones. AI technology has already been incorporated and it is assisting in the form of suggested responses followed by smart replies. Besides, InMail is another chatting algorithm that enables sending mails in the form of chats, cutting down on irrelevant clicking. The feature also provides provision sponsored messages.
Having said everything about the latest features of LinkedIn, they are available for all the marketers trying to make business over the professional social networking platform. And these features will only help if marketers incorporate them with proper LinkedIn strategies for B2B marketing.
Hence, here is a list of well-established and widely employed LinkedIn strategies for B2B marketing that would help to reach the target audience and generate prospective leads-
- Convert your company page as a compelling introduction– Usually, the company LinkedIn page consists of basic information about the company and that is too mundane. Provided it is a social media platform, you can also include information dedicated to services, the value proposition of the company, and achievements testimonials.
In short, try and make it informative; as information is the key to attract leads.
Further, you should focus on the optimization of the LinkedIn page to redirect the traffic to the original website. Doing so will help you to meet prospective leads and potential customers.
To stand apart from the crowd, and attract user’s interest you should always include a header image in the company’s LinkedIn profile. The image, both, grabs and triggers the attention of people to find a way to the website.
Beside an attractive header image and a compelling pitch, ensure that you are engaging your leads on regular basis. To gain prospective leads, you should focus on posting updates that provide relevant information about your services and products to your target audience. In such a case, you can also prefer posting blog updates and infographics links.
To be precise, you should work to get click-through from the information seekers.
This is just the first step in the direction of optimization of the company page.
- Use LinkedIn features to promote your brand– LinkedIn has unrolled a few interesting features to build a professional relationship individually and promote brand awareness. Showcase pages, advanced search, save searches, and start groups are a few of them. Here is how you can capitalize on such features-
- Showcase Pages– It enables companies to promote their ancillary brand. Using the showcase page, you can target the audience of a particular band. Primarily, showcase pages are customized for B2B companies to generate leads. In words of LinkedIn- Showcase Page should be created when you want to represent a business unit, brand, or company initiative. The page helps you to establish a long-term relationship with your audience. A showcase page must have a larger header image and links redirecting to the company website. However, it must not be confused with the company page over LinkedIn.
- Advanced Search– The attribute of LinkedIn provides you with space to look for your target audience. You can filter your search by interest, demography, location, industry, language, and company among others. It helps reduce the distance between the target audience and the company. The bigger the network boosts the chances of getting a higher number of leads.
- Saved Searches- While you make a specified search, you may want to save it for future reference. Saved searches create a way to stay active in your search. With this feature, you can set up alerts as well, apart from finding the exact search again.
These are only a few tricks to leverage the features available on the professional networking website. To gain maximum advantage out of LinkedIn, you should explore other features and use them to reach the target audience and build a strong connection. This, in turn, will help you drive business in the long run.
- Publish content Consistently- Posting content is among prominent B2B strategies for B2B marketing. As per Kinsta, 98% of content marketers use LinkedIn for content marketing, specifically for B2B marketing and lead generation.
LinkedIn allows you to publish as much content as possible. Publishing content always helps to draw attention in a very generic way. Informative content, as said earlier in the blog, helps to withhold the attention of people who are trying to do B2B business.
In order to achieve the goal of B2B marketing and lead generation, you must focus on creating quality content.
Above mentioned LinkedIn strategies for B2B marketing a just the foundation. Once you know the application of these strategies, you will be able to encapsulate a broad-level strategy very precisely to promote the brand and generate leads. As per B2B marketers, LinkedIn offers a lot of opportunities and is an ideal resource for lead generation.