The main aim of planning a marketing campaign is to raise awareness about a particular product and reach out to the potential customer is process. B2B marketing campaigns focus on a series of operations revolving around a single idea to bring out the desired result. Talking of ideas, there are different kinds of marketing campaigns depending on the target audience and ideas.
Some of the widely incorporated marketing campaigns include-
- Brand Development Campaign
- Social Media Campaign
- Email Marketing Campaign
- Product Marketing Campaign
- Public Relations Campaign
In order to plan a successful B2B marketing campaign, you should begin with the following steps-
- Know Your Objectives– Before planning a b2b marketing campaign, you should set the objectives and strategies according to the product or services. Once your objective is clear, you can further set your goals and KPIs
- Define the Goal- This is the very first step towards a successful B2B marketing campaign and plan. Be precise with the goals and later that will help you to build further ideas such as how to execute the plan and how to measure the KPIs.
For example, the email marketing campaign might be measured by the number of mails delivered, mails opened, click-through rate, and bounce rate among all.
In short, setting a goal would eventually help you to quantify the result.
- Set Metrics- Once you have a proper objective and goal, decide on the metrics to measure the result. The numbers will help you to decide whether the campaign is succeeding or not. If the campaign is not succeeding, you would be able to analyze the pain points and look for the improvements.
While setting a metrics bar, incorporate the best tools and establish a baseline to begin.
- Budget Allocation- This is an unsaid yet significant point in B2B marketing plan. The budget allocated has a huge influence on the b2b marketing strategies that you will select. For example, an advertising campaign would be expensive compared to an email marketing campaign.
It is advisable to allocate the budget as per the ROI you are expecting at the end of the day. Sometimes reaching your prospective customers may not be cheap, so be practical when you allocate a marketing campaigning budget. Primarily, it depends on your goals and KPIs.
- Divide the Target Audience–Let’s suppose you are campaigning for automated invoice management software, in this case, your target audience becomes companies who are involved in finances. Now that you know your target audience, you will be very specific in designing the campaigns. And in such a case, you will speak up front with your prospect and enhance your conversion rate in the process.
- Know their Presence- Once you know the presence of your target audience, you can easily select the channel of communication.
- Decide the Channel- Lately, advent of digital channels has provided several ways to reach to the target audience. And that again puts us in the maze of selecting the best channel for communication- email? Online advertising? Or social media marketing?
Well, if you have done the previous job well you might not face many problems in selecting the communication channel. For example, your audience is mostly reachable through emails, so it is better to go through email marketing rather than online advertising.
- Design the Content- The tone of the content varies from campaign to campaign, social media marketing campaign would require a catchy caption, and an email marketing campaign would require an appealing subject line followed by a detailed product/ service description. Lacking contextual content would fail in the overall campaign.
It is advisable to do thorough research about the demand of your target audience before designing a marketing campaign.
- Frame Timeline and Action Plan– This step is equally important as the previous ones. Creating a strict timeline is very important, however, you also need to be flexible in case of instant changes. Even if the campaign is launched at the right time, you may require to tune the strategy in the middle of the campaign, if required. You need to control your campaign as per the mood of your potential audience.
- Logo and Landing Page- This may be the last step before execution, however, not the least. Talking of logo, you must be very precise with the design and it should convey the motive of your brand and product. A captivating logo is likely to leave a mark.
Further, a landing page is where the visitors will get converted into leads and customers. Make sure that the Call-to-Action button is visible. Also, the content should be very concise and crisp so that the visitors do not get confused and turn around.
Landing page optimization is one of the prominent market campaigning strategies. Know how to optimize your landing page- https://valasys.com/11-practices-for-b2b-landing-page-optimization-lpo/
Marketing Campaigns are a very strategic approach towards reaching a particular goal. Besides the budget, it requires more patience and time for marketers. Talking of B2B marketing campaigns, the channels to reach out to the target audience narrow down (consider it as a boon or con). Hence, it is advisable to devise B2B marketing strategies keeping the goal and audience in mind.
We, at Valasys Media, are experts in shaping perennially healthy sales pipelines for our customers. Our services included lead-generation, account-based marketing, lead nurturing, content syndication & business intelligence to name a few; all of which have been designed to help our clients achieve their bottom-line goal of Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO).
For more information on our services, feel free to contact us.