YouTube has grown bigger than all the other social media platforms & every other website as well, except for Google.
According to a forecast by Cisco, videos will comprise 79% of the global internet traffic by the year 2020, which means a year over year increase rate of 63% starting 2015.
The blog covers the amazing YouTube statistics for B2B marketers that the brands can look up to & learn from. Video marketing will continue to grow in 2020 & so will be the use of YouTube.
According to a report by Cisco, released in 2019, by the year 2022, 82% of the global internet traffic will come from video streaming & downloads.
YouTube boasts of having 2 billion monthly log-in users & according to a report by Statista, people upload 500 hours of video every minute on YouTube.
Furthermore, a survey conducted by Wzyowl shows that nearly 8 out of every 10 users purchase a piece of software or app after watching the video of a brand.
Clearly, videos have become an indispensable part of the digital marketing strategy for B2B brands.
The power of video marketing is immense & hence compiling the following YouTube statistics for B2B marketers can help the brands outshine their video marketing endeavors using YouTube to optimize their business bottom-lines:
1. The statistics related to YouTube Usage Demographics & Age of the Users:
YouTube continues to grow every year.
- According to the Pew Research Center, 73% of the adults in the U.S. use YouTube, making it is the most popular online platform in America
- According to Statista, 81% of 15-25-year-olds in the US use YouTube
- Statista also established that about 15% of the total traffic on YouTube comes from the U.S.
- According to eMarketer, 93% of video watchers in India watch Youtube
- According to research by Mushroom Networks, more than 3 billion searches in a month are performed using YouTube, accounting for 3.71% of the total search shares.
- According to a press release by YouTube, its users exist in more than 91 countries & the video advertising platform offers support in 80 different languages, covering 95% of the global internet population. Clearly, YouTube is a phenomenon for social
- According to a report by Google, Gen X (36-to-49-year olds) & Baby Boomers (50-to 65-year-olds) comprise the fastest-growing demographic on YouTube.
- According to Mediakix, YouTube appeals to more 18 to 49-year-olds than any broadcast or TV station.
- According to research by Blueadz, 6 out of 10 people prefer online video to the TV.
- Generation X (39 – to 53 – year-olds) watch more than 1.5 billion YouTube videos per day on YouTube, as inferred by research
from Think With Google.
2. YouTube Usage Statistics
YouTube remains the 2nd largest search engine & second-highest ranked website in the world after Google.
- Alexa concludes that YouTube is the 2nd most viewed site on the web after Google. YouTube also gets a lot of traffic from Google as people hop-over to YouTube after initiating their searches on Google.
- Research from Ominicore substantiates that about 5 billion YouTube videos are on an average every single day.
- A combined study by Forrester Research & Think With Google predicts that by the year 2025, half of the viewers (50%) under the age of 32, will not subscribe to a traditional cable-TV service & would prefer YouTube
- Theverge.com predicts that by the year 2020, more than 70% of the views will come from mobile devices. Even the
YouTube statistics for B2B marketers reveal that while most of the B2B transactions happen via desktop, nonetheless, 48% of the B2B buyers use
smartphones to watch videos.
- Research by Tubular Insight in 2015 revealed that 300 hours of videos were uploaded to YouTube every minute & the number is expected to rise in the year 2020
- The video marketing stats released by Think With Google & Nielsen show that people are watching more than 100 million hours of YouTube videos on their TVs every day
- According to research by the Peer Research Centre, 18% of the U.S. adults get their news on YouTube & according to Think With Google, 7 out of 10 people choose horizontal viewing, when watching YouTube videos on their phones.
3. YouTube Content Marketing Stats
- According to YouTube statistics for B2B Marketers by Foundationinc (on content marketing), comedy, music, "how-to" & content related to entertainment or pop culture are the four most-preferred content categories of YouTube users
- As the popular B2B brands specifically Microsoft, HP, UPS & Cisco are investing heavily in YouTube marketing, incorporating
content from popular categories, these companies have a higher chance to optimize the quality traffic on their websites & consequently, the
conversions, predicts Top Rank Marketing.
- Another interesting YouTube statistics for B2B marketers from Google implies that creating longer-form videos can boost the rankings of your YouTube videos, the average length of the first-page video on YouTube being about 15 minutes (14 minutes and 50 seconds).
- According to a study by Backlinko on YouTube statistics for B2B marketers, the quality of videos matters for ranking on the first page of YouTube. The stats show that 68% of the videos ranking on the first page of YouTube are in HD.
- Another interesting study on YouTube statistics for B2B marketers by Backlinko
establishes that video comments strongly correlate with higher rankings. On average, a video ranking on the first page of YouTube has over 4,000
- In yet another interesting YouTube statistics for B2B marketers, Google inferred that 85% of all the video-viewing occasions
attract the maximum number of audience. The zest of the research signifies that if you’re providing relevant & timely B2B content on YouTube, it will help you engross the attention of the maximum number of audience, as compared to other social media platforms.
- As much as 80% of the B2C & B2B marketers in the U.S. agree that YouTube content has the ability to drive views, engagement
& purchases for businesses & are sure that the videos convert (Source: Animoto).
- Clutch & Smart Insights published an interesting YouTube statistics for B2B marketers. The research shows that YouTube ranks 4th amongst the most-valued social media platforms for B2B marketers
- A study by Aberdeen Group in 2015 on YouTube statistics for B2B marketers, found that businesses that use a video marketing strategy can grow their revenue 49% faster over the year, as compared to businesses that don't use videos.
4. YouTube statistics for Businesses
- According to a study by Think With Google, viewers prefer videos that resonate with their areas of interest, by as much as 3x times more than those featuring famous actors
- Another study by Think With Google shows that watch time for videos before a purchase has doubled between 2017 & 2018
- Another study by Think With Google found that 70% of the users are engaging with creators & channels using YouTube videos.
5. The Video Stats Sponsored by YouTube
- Tubular Insights reported that 92% of the total views on sponsored videos across YouTube are driven by influencers
Learn more: 11 Ways of using B2B Influencer Marketing
- According to Animoto, more than 51% of B2B marketers run ads on YouTube. Investment in YouTube Video ads will grow for B2B marketers alongside the investment in the creation of organic videos & the repercussions will be visible throughout 2020
- Yet an important study on YouTube statistics for B2B marketers derived that viewers who see TrueView ads are 10 times more likely to engage with the brands on YouTube
- The International Data Group inferred that 46% of the B2B technology buyers purchased a product or service after viewing video-content online & thus, it can be derived that video-content helps convert leads into customers
- According to Forbes, more than 75% of the Fortune 500 executives are viewing videos, which makes YouTube a prime channel for reaching out to & influencing the target audience-groups.
The above-enlisted YouTube statistics for B2B marketers provide them with innumerable opportunities to reach potential customers with valuable pieces of content, delivered in easily snackable formats. Video marketing using YouTube is an interesting aspect of the modern digitized B2B landscape & an indispensable way for marketers to make the most of their visual content strategy - to attract, engage, convert & retain customers. Video marketing using YouTube is all-set to evolve throughout 2020 & beyond.
The YouTube statistics for B2B marketers imply that the probability of all important kinds of videos in the B2B marketing genre, outshining on YouTube looks realistically high. Marketers can try all forms of videos including the informational ones, product reviews, entertainment videos, sponsored videos & "how-to" videos.
The above YouTube statistics for B2B Marketers can also be used to envisage consolidated & predictive approaches to optimize their YouTube video marketing endeavors in the year 2020 & beyond.
Valasys Media is highly ambitious about solving problems specific to your B2B businesses by leveraging ultra-personalized services such as lead generation, account-based marketing, lead nurturing, event promotion services, list building services & content syndication services.
Contact us & we'll find whatever fits the best into your advertising & marketing framework, to help you maintain perennially healthy sales pipelines, to optimize your business-bottom-lines.