PrologueOptimizing the landing pages isn’t an overnight task. Employing the SEO best practices for Landing Page optimization (LPO) optimizes the landing pages for search engines – assimilating features that make the pages particularly appealing to the algorithms. Abiding by the landing page SEO checklist ensures that the marketers make their landing pages valuable for searchers. Landing pages are also known as “lead capture pages”, “static pages” or “destination pages” & these are the standalone pages engineered to capture leads or promote specific products or services via specifically designed ads. Following the SEO best practices for Landing Page Optimization ensures that businesses’ core bottom-lines such as users’ experience (UX) & the goal of Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) are achieved.
What is an SEO Landing Page?SEO landing pages are simply the landing pages optimized for search engines. Having SEO landing pages & sticking to the best practices for Landing Page Optimization (LPO) ensures that even if the marketers prematurely end their campaigns mistaking them to be short-term; their search engine visibility is for long-term.
Landing Page SEO: Best Practices:The SEO best practices for Landing Page Optimization (LPO) include the collection of data. Marketers should design their landing pages based on their knowledge about their target audience. Landing page SEO best practices include focusing on the intent of the target audiences & also on tracking the intent-signaling of the prospects visiting the website. Combining the data collected from diverse data-points with intent data of the prospects & converting the data into informed decisions about marketing funnel is one amongst the SEO best practices for Landing Page Optimization (LPO). The following are some of the landing page SEO best practices:
1. Publish Your Landing Page on Your Domain:Publishing your landing page on your domain is not only one of the many SEO landing page examples but also amongst the SEO best practices for Landing Page Optimization (LPO). The practice gives marketers the added advantage of small ranking boosts which happens while people search or the keywords on your page. Contrary to this publishing on the subdomain of the service provider using a content management system runs marketers into the risk of muddling their brand consistency and missing out on their valuable search engine authority that the website would have built up since its inception.
2. Research your Keywords & Employ Long-tail Keywords:Longer keywords are easier to rank as compared to their shorter counterparts & also produce higher ROI. Such keywords can be used in the creation of landing pages as one of the best SEO practices for Landing Page Optimization (LPO). In addition to the long-tail keywords, the marketers can also analyze the user-generated content (UGC) to fetch relevant keywords to employ in the landing page optimization strategy. Furthermore, the keyword planner from Google & the tool from Moz can also be used to conduct the keyword research.
3. Distribute your Keywords Strategically on your landing Page:The keyword-density matters so do the selection of the Latent Semantic Indexing keywords. Additionally, their proper placement also matters & if done correctly is amongst the SEO Best Practices for Landing Page Optimization (LPO). Below is the SEO landing page template for keyword placement:
a. The Title Tag:This is the title of a landing page that features in a big blue link as a page on the Search Engine Result Pages (SERPs). Making the title tag compelling to increase the click-through rates is amongst the SEO best practices for Landing Page Optimization (LPO).
b. Meta-Description:This tag is important as it gives the users an idea about what’s going to follow if they click on the link to follow through.
c. The Header Tags:In HTML, the title tags are arranged in a hierarchy from H1 to H6. The H1 tag consists of the main headline. If one wishes to have sub-headings under H1, one uses H2s. Similarly, the sequence follows as & when one plans to have subheadings under their H2s & H3s & so on. The H1 tags are most important to the search engines from the entire content studded on the landing page. Hence, categorizing & optimizing the header tags is amongst the SEO best practices for Landing Page Optimization (LPO).
d. Naming the Image Files:Adding titles to the images containing the keywords helps improve the search engine rankings. The keywords are separated by dashes. Care should be taking that your final draft of the landing page content is spurred with keywords. Using too many keywords is considered to be a retrogressive SEO strategy & is termed as “keyword stuffing”.
4. Length ain’t important: Prioritize Quality over Quantity:Keeping the content on the landing pages short & precise is amongst SEO best practices for Landing Page Optimization (LPO). In case there is too much content, marketers can use collapsible divs. These bits of code can be included in the back end of the landing pages, allowing the users to open & collapse the content at will. Thus, readers get exposure to all the required information without getting overwhelmed.
5. Secure backlinks to your Landing page:Getting people to link to your page is amongst the foremost methods & SEO best practices for Landing Page Optimization (LPO). A combination of great content & targeted outreach is the proven method of building links.
6. Don’t Remove your Seasonal Landing Pages:Keeping your seasonal landing pages prevents the marketers from missing out on a huge chunk of traffic & is amongst the SEO best practices for landing page optimization. Landing pages for annual campaigns should be left as it is for the entire 12 months of the year. This ensures that there’s no confusion between long-term campaigns & short-term campaigns & marketers don’t compromise upon their SEO authority that was built while building an annual landing page.
7. Mind the website loading time:
According to Kissmetrics, 47% of the people expect pages to load in less than 2 seconds & 40% will abandon it after three seconds. Longer website loading times can adversely impact the users’ experience.Using Google PageSpeed Insights can help in analyzing whether the website loading time is optimal. An optimal website loading time is amongst the SEO best practices for landing page optimization & can be achieved by:
- Using smaller image files that don’t compromise on quality (several CMS plug-ins can be used for the purpose)
- Switching to a faster web host
- Shutting off all plugins or extensions that your page isn’t using
Wrapping Things UpOver the years, Google has learned more about what makes pages valuable. They have made innumerable algorithmic updates including “Hummingbird”, “Panda” and “Penguin”. Google by & large have kept the recipes to its proprietary algorithm close to the vest. While marketers need to avoid the retrogressive SEO technics such as link farming, sneaky redirects & keyword-stuffing which runs them into the list of being penalized or even banned by Google from featuring on to the search pages; sticking to the above-mentioned SEO best practices for Landing Page Optimization (LPO) will help marketers in optimizing the core bottom-lines such as an optimized sales revenue & the deliverance of optimal users’ experiences (UX). Valasys Media is a renowned B2B service provider that helps its customers with an array of custom-made services including lead generation, account-based marketing, lead nurturing, event promotion services, list building services & content syndication services. Follow Us on LinkedIn: Follow Us on Facebook: Contact us & capitalize on our expertise & position yourself to outlast yourself competition & optimize your core bottom-lines.